Making Room for “The New”
Do you have room for the new things coming your way this holiday season and next year?
- Room in your home or office for gifts?
- Room in your schedule for time with family and friends?
- Room for new experiences?
This time of year typically is not associated with “Spring Cleaning,” and yet many of us don’t have room for “The New” to come into our lives.Now is the time to make roomfor the new. Here are a couple of waysto get you started:
- When sorting through a space, closet or drawer, take out three bags or boxes and label one for trash, one for recycling and one for donating. Then start filling them up!
- Take a look at your calendar and notice all of the time you have outside of what you are already committed to. Notice if you have more time than you originally thought. Notice if you are so overbooked that you don’t have room for much more.Then decide how you want to be spending your time.
Making room for “The New” doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. Start with something easy that could be done in 20 minutes or less, then move on to the next task or give yourself a break and come back to it at another time.
Making room for “The New” will give you the spaceand time to enjoy it!
Leave a comment below on how it’s going as you make room for “The New.”
Phyllis Ginsberg, M.A., MFT